Saturday, February 8, 2014

More On Duck Blurb In My Parish Bulletin

Yesterday I took issue with a blurb in my parish bulletin regarding Ruth Duck.  In looking into Duck's biography, I found this on the GIA website.  Have both of them open at the same time.  The language is identical.  Whoever put the bulletin blurb in my parish bulletin just lifted it from GIA.

On one level I am pleased that such nonsense was not originated from someone in my parish.  It's still distressing on another level since it implies agreement with the ideas behind the language.  As I mentioned yesterday, my singing voice (such as it is) will be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.